Monday, March 2, 2009

Lap Top Covers!



Sometimes our best memories come from clothing. I remember a striped red, blue and white shirt my mother used to wear in the early 70's. I held onto it, but didn't know how to incorporate into my everyday life. Memory quilts are one option for lots of clothing, but if it's just a single item, or you prefer something other than a quilt, how about a laptop cover?


Beeyourselfdesigns of Etsy can create custom laptop covers from your material. There's also covers for cell phones, ipods, and even key fobs. A little fabric can go a long way.



What I like most about this idea is that you can use your own clothing - I have favorite jackets that I'll never wear again, but don't know what to do with them. This falls more into the category of heritage clothing. When it comes down to it, the primary philosophy of The Modern Mourner is recycling meaningful items into new objects for everyday use, and Beeyourselfdesigns is a perfect example.

No comments: