Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Heritage Clothing

One of my favorite upcycling concepts is taking inherited clothing and making something new. When my grandmother passed away I kept a grocery bag full of her clothing - I couldn't bear to part with something that held so many memories. But I couldn't exactly wear the clothing as it was. I wish I had thought to take her clothing and have something special made from them.

I am currently looking for vendors who would be available to take inherited clothing and create something new. In the meantime, here are some lovely upcycled creations from pondhopper studio. I love the dresses and coats:



But I especially love the legwarmers and spats!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

These are really nice! Unexpected use of old garments. I like the blue and white leg warmers.

Kim said...

love it!