Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Haunt me, then!


It's November. When the wind howls and the landscape grows forlorn, I turn to my favorite book, Wuthering Heights. All those things we're supposed to fear - chilled isolation, feverish dreams, even loss of a beloved - suddenly become romantic to me. Death cannot stop true love.

Here are a few Wuthering Heights finds ...

Sand Evening Regency Dress by Cream Cake Costumes, perfect for wandering the windy moors.


Wuthering Heights Family Tree by Lizzy Stewart.

For me, ghosts are a measurement of our loss. When we haven't lost anyone, ghosts are scary, something to be feared. But when we've lost someone we truly love, suddenly ghosts become a fantasy, a forlorn hope of one last encounter. The best ghost stories, in my opinion, are love stories.

7 comments:

Sister Shirley said...

Also, I'm still waiting for the perfect Wuthering Heights movie! I loved Ralph Fiennes, but someday perhaps Clive Owen could be persuaded to play Heathcliff : )

Silvana Querido said...

Thanks 4 your comment :)
Your blog is very interesting.

Kiss

CreamCake said...

Thank you so much for featuring my regency gown! What a beautifully curated blog post :-)

Sister Shirley said...

CreamCake, I love the regency dress! Such a beautiful and flattering cut. I was truly born in the wrong century.

I wonder if I could get away with wearing one of those in an everyday environment ... I suppose it all comes down to styling.

Adnan said...

One of her best songs,
great photos :)

Anonymous said...

What a heart touching and romantic story, and view 'Death cannot stop true love' is fantastic.
Thanks for this interesting blog. Memorial Jewelry

Style Odyssey said...

"wuthering heights" is a book i've always intended to read, yet haven't. you've rekindled my interest in this classic.