Thursday, April 2, 2009

Pillows




Pillows by Alexandra Ferguson

I've been wondering what I can say about pillows. They are one of the most intimate yet forsaken keepsakes when it comes to losing someone. I can't quite bring myself to suggest repurposing the pillows from a lost loved one, but I do think that it's a good idea to hold onto them, or at least the pillowcase. Keep it somewhere special, just in case.

In the meantime, I found this "relational pillow" from Sajid Sadi and Pattie Maes, with Fluid Interfaces Group. It's just a concept (demo model available) but apparently loved ones from a distance can communicate through it. If I drew a smiley face on my pillow, my sister hundreds of miles away would see it. 


Still, no need to wait for Pillow Talk. Alexandra Ferguson from Etsy creates pillows with prefab messages, and perhaps can be customized to communicate what you really want to say. Be nice!

No comments: